• Consonant Ha, Meem of Arabic alphabet with ancillary glyph-prolongation sign-mark called "Madda" which means and extends-stretches the sound value of the letter to which it is added. [42:01]
• Ayn Seen Qaaf. Two consonants of Arabic alphabet ( أبجدية عربية), mutually conjoined; all three ancillary glyph/prolongation sign/mark. It reflects that the Grand Qur'aan is in the language that has letters and other marks, representing that its writing system is letter-diacritic combination based, resulting in the combination of sounds that form a syllable, rather than a single sound. [42:02]
• Like the alphabet and diacritical marks; Allah the Exalted verbally communicates [His Parlance-Book] toyou the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam]; and likewise was conveyed to those Messengers who were before you—He the Exalted is the Pervasively dominant and the Infinitely Just Supreme Administrator of the created realm, visible and invisible. [42:03]
لَهُۥ مَا فِى ٱلسَّمَٟوَٟتِ وَمَا فِى ٱلۡأَرْضِۖ
وَهُوَ ٱلْعَلِىُّ ٱلعَظِيـمُ
• Realize it, Whatever exists in the Skies and the Earth are subservient-dependant-subjects for Him the Exalted.
• Remain vigilant; He is the One and only Exalted Supreme, the Greatest - the Almighty. [42:04]
• It is almost nearing that the Skies torn for the first time from above them; [for reason people have put forth/conjectured an abominable commotional thing-19:89-90],
• And/while the Angels repetitively mention the Glory with praises of their Sustainer Lord;
• And they have assigned for themselves at their own the task of seeking forgiveness for those [believers] who are on Earth.
• Unquestionably it is a fact that Allah is He Who is Oft-Forgiving, the Fountain of Infinite Mercy [42:05]
وَٱلَّذِينَ ٱتَّخَذُوا۟ مِن دُونِهِۦٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ
ٱللَّهُ حَفِيظٌ عَلَيْـهِـمْ
وَمَآ أَنتَ عَلَيْـهِـم بِوَكِيلٛ
• And Allah the Exalted is ever watching those who have purposely adopted, apart from Him the Exalted, as guardians/protectors/ godfathers—
• Allah the Exalted is ever observant upon them—
• While you the Messenger [Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] are not assigned the responsibility to act as disposer of affairs and caretaker upon them/humanity. [He pronounced it 6:66;10:108] [42:06]
• And likewise We have verbally communicated [Parlance-Book] to you the Messenger[Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] Qur'aan: a compilation in Arabic: perspicuous, eloquent, distinctive and precisely expressive language; the language of the sons of soil of Arabian peninsula.
• The intended objective of it is that you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam, with it] might admonish and awaken the inhabitants of the Mother of cities [Mecca-the Sanctified City]; and all those who inhabit around it.[the whole world]
• Moreover, you might cause cautiousness-awareness-alarmed of the Day of the Gathering. The Day about which there is absolutely no confusion/uncertainty.
• On that Day, a group will be escorted into the Paradise, and a group will be dragged into the Scorching Hell-Prison. [42:07]
• [to differ is the right and prerogative granted to man] And had it been the Will/desire of Allah the Exalted, He would have certainly rendered them/people a singular homogeneous entity/fraternity [by exercising infinite power and dominance and taking away the freedom of will/choice; but that was not the intent of creation].
• But [does not seize the freedom of choice/will, therefore, whoever turns to Him] He enters, whom He wills, in the Umbrella of His Mercy;
• And the mischief-mongers/unjust/distorters of fact, for them there will neither be a guardian/protector and nor there shall be any from helpers. [42:08]
أَمِ ٱتَّخَذُوا۟ مِن دُونِهِۦٓ أَوْلِيَآءَۖ
فَٱللَّهُ هُوَ ٱلْوَلِىُّ
وَهُوَ يُحْيِـى ٱلْمَوْتَىٰ
وَهُوَ عَلَـىٰ كُلِّ شَـىْءٛ قَدِيرٚ
• Or have they at their own determining [without knowledge on mere presumptive conjectures] adopted, other than Him, as guardians/ protectors/ ssociates/godfathers?
• Whereas/for reason Allah is the One Who is The Protector and Omnipresent companion;
• And that He the Exalted is the One who revives to life the dead.
• And He the Exalted is eternally the Causality Determiner upon entire physical realm. [42:09]
• [Reverting from parenthetic you, the Messenger Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam, pronounce] "And that in which you people have purposely differed/opposed about any thing/matter, thereat/for reason, the decision/judgment about it is for Allah the Exalted;
• [the Sole Judge] He is Allah, my Sustainer Lord,
• Upon Him I place reliance and dependences and towards Him I make myself turn". [42:10]
فَاطِرُ ٱلسَّمَٟوَٟتِ وَٱلۡأَرْضِۚ
جَعَلَ لَـكُـم مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُـمْ أَزْوَٟجٙا
وَمِنَ ٱلۡأَنْعَٟمِ أَزْوٟجٙاۖ
لَيْسَ كَمِثْلِهِۦ شَـىْءٚۖ
وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْبَصِيـرُ
• He the Exalted is the Primal Originator-Creator of the Skies and the Earth;
• He has created/declared/appointed for you people from your own selves as mates/companions.
• And amongst the Mammals pairs/mates;
• He is the One Who spreads you people in that manner.
• There is not at all a physical object: matter and living for the purpose of describing Him.
• And He is the One Who is eternally the Listener [of what is said, at whatever frequency] and is of Vision - everything/act is in His focus. [42:11]
لَهُۥ مَقَالِيدُ ٱلسَّمَٟوَٟتِ وَٱلۡأَرْضِۖ
يَبْسُطُ ٱلـرِّزْقَ لِمَن يَشَآءُ وَيَقْدِرُۚ
إِنَّهُۥ بِكُلِّ شَـىْءٛ عَلِيـمٚ
• The keys of treasures of the Skies and the Earth are in exclusive control of Him the Exalted;
• He the Exalted expands the sustenance for the one He willed and restricts to measure for one He willed,
• Indeed He the Exalted is intrinsically and eternally the Knower of all the physical realm. [42:12]
• He the Exalted has ordained for you people, the humanity, that Path-the Fountain of perpetual flow/Source/Ordinance of the Code of Conduct with which He had tied/enjoined on Noah [alai'his'slaam]—
• And which We have communicated to you the Messenger [Muhammad Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam]—
• And with which We had tied and enjoined upon Iebra'heim and Mūsā [alai'his'slaam] and Easa [alai'his'slaam]—
• That Universal Ordinance is: "you people keep yourselves firm and steadfast for the Prescribed Code of Conduct and Physical Procedure, and you people should not transform yourselves in divisions/sects in it.
• This universally ordained Ordinance; towards which you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] invite them, is heavy upon those who worship hand-sculpted Statues considering and calling them as various iela'aha: godheads.
• Allah the Exalted chooses for grouping towards Him the one whom He wills—
• And guides towards Him the one who determines to turn [on the Ordained Straight Path] [42:13]
• And they did not differ/made sects; except after having reached them that which brought them the knowledge, because of grouping/classes/vested interests amongst them.
• And had a word/promise/decision, of a duration to culminate on determined moment, not preceded from your Sustainer Lord the matter would have indeed been adjudged/resolved between them.
• Moreover, the fact is that those, the posterity after them, who/Bani Iesraa'eel were caused to inherit the Book, certainly are plunged in doubt regarding it/Grand Qur'aan [communicated to you], the doubt having characteristic trait of a causer of disquiet, irritation, and disconcert. [42:14]
• Therefore, you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] call people towards this Universal Ordinance—
• And keep maintaining yourself in your resolve firm and steadfast as you have been advised—
• And you should not consider worthwhile following their conjectures and wishes;
• And/instead you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] pronounce, "I have believed in that which has since been communicated to me in the Book—
• And I have have been advised that I should do justice between you people—
• Allah is the Sustainer Lord of us and the Sustainer Lord of you people—
• For us are the deeds of ours and for you are the deeds of you people—
• There is no conflict and controversy for winning over between us and between you people—
• Allah the Exalted will arrange assembly amongst us [the believers],
• Be cognizant of the doctrine that the finality of issues is the exclusive prerogative of Him the Exalted." [42:15]
• And those people who argue/dispute in the Ordinance of Allah the Exalted after that it has by self directed will been responded for Him;??
• Their polemics is slippery and precarious in the judgment of their Sustainer Lord.
• And the liability of criminal cognizance upon such people is incumbent.
• And a grave punishment is prepared and is in wait for them, [42:16]
• Allah the Exalted is the One Who has since communicated the Book as the Infallible Discourse;
• And as Criterion/Weighing Scale for ad judgment/evaluation/appreciation/weighing/Equity [In time and space the Book of Allah is the sole Criterion-the Weighing Scale for upholding principle of Equity and Justice in evaluation of people-57:25]
• And what is that which could lead you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] to the perception that perhaps/may be the Determined Moment is in near future? [He was questioned twice and asked twice to pronounce it 21:109;72:25] [42:17]
• Only those people seek [mock] to hasten the Determined Moment who do not accept/believe in it—
• And those who have believed feel terror of it since they know it is indeed a fact [proven/unavoidable]
• The fact is that those who indulge in controversy [are in search/create confusion and illusions regarding point of occurrence] about the Appointed Moment—they are indeed in prolonged heedlessness. [42:18]
• Allah the Exalted is au fait of all niceties and delicacies - subtlety - refinements with regard to His subjects. He grants sustenance [in abundance] for whom He so wills/desires.
• Realize it, He the Exalted is the Absolutely Almighty, Absolutely Dominant. [42:19]
• Whoever desires and seeks gain of the Hereafter, We will increase for him his gain;
• And whoever desires and seeks the worldly gains We give him out of it—
• And for him is no share in the Hereafter. [42:20]
• Or for them are the associates/partners who have ordained an ordinance for them from the Code of Conduct and Physical Procedure for which Allah has not granted the permission?
• And had the Word of Day of Segregation/Separation/Compartmentalization not preceded [from their Sustainer Lord] certainly the matter would have been finalized between them.
• And indeed the distorters/wrong doers are the ones—a severe punishment is prepared and is in wait for them.[42:21]
• You will see the wrong doers/creators of imbalances/distorters perplexedly frightened from that [seeing written in their record book] which they had earned, and that is going to happen with them.
• And as for those those who accepted/believed and did act righteously/moderately as directed—
• Are in the beautiful parks of delight and comfort
• For them is/will be everything which they desire from their Sustainer Lord,
• This is that which is the greatest Bounty. [42:22]
• That is the one Allah gives advance congratulations/glad tidings to those allegiants of Him—
• Who accepted/believed and did act righteously/moderately as directed [in the Book],
• You the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] tell them, "I do not demand—ask you any worldly remuneration for communicating to you this guidance.
• But I do require you people to maintain state of affection within the kinship".
• And whoever shall cause himself earn-over wears good We will increase for him in that, appropriately.
• Allah the Exalted is indeed the Oft-forgiving, the Recognizer, the acknowledger and appreciative. [42:23]
• What! Do they say, "He [sincere servant upon whom the Book has been sent] has drafted/compiled/fabricated/forged a lie upon Allah the Exalted?".
• They slander because they consider not the possibility that if Allah the Exalted so desires, He would place a veil-cover over your heart disabling you to recite or write.
• And Allah blots out the scum/fabricated/concocted/conjectural matter; Be mindful; Allah the Exalted establishes the fact as proven truth manifested by His words/promises;
• Remain mindful; He the Exalted is absolutely aware of what is possessed inside the chests. [42:24]
• And He is the One Who accepts the repentance and regrets from His subjects;
• And He overlooks forgivingly the illicit acts done.
• And He fully knows the acts which you people perform for the first time. [42:25]
• And He the Exalted responds to those—Who accepted/believed and performed deeds/acts righteously/moderately [according to Book]
• And will increase them from the Bounty of Him the Exalted.
• And those who deliberately/persistently refuse to accept [Aa'ya'at of Allah and refused till the time of death]— —a severe punishment is prepared and is in wait for them. [42:26]
• And had Allah abundantly outstretched the provisions for His servants/created ones they would have certainly rebelled in the Earth,
• But/therefore He sends it in the known quantity/measure that which He willed.
• Indeed He is fully aware and ever watches/focuses attention about His servants/created ones. [42:27]
• And He is the One Who sends the Rain after that [drought] because of which they felt despaired and He spreads His Mercy
• And He is the Protector/Caretaking Lord, eternally the focus of Glory and Praise. [42:28]
• And amongst His demonstrative/cognizable/recognition signs is the creation of the Skies and the Earth;
• And that which He scattered all kinds of animals in both two of them.
• And He has full command and control over their collection as and when He so willed. [42:29]
• And whatever distressing and unpleasant reached you people, that is caused by reason of cause and effect of that which the hands of you people had earned;
• And He the Exalted overlooks/forgivingly ignores many [acts by stopping their negative impact to take effect.[42:30]
• And you people certainly cannot frustrate/avert His decisions in the Earth.
• You people take note that except Allah the Exalted there is neither any patron-guardian and protector nor a helper for you people. [42:31]
• And the ships, like tall and long mountains, traversing in the oceans are cognizable/recognition signs of His providence. [42:32]
• Should He the Exalted so decide, He can cause the air to become standstill—
• Thereby, those ships would become motionless shadows upon the surface of ocean.
• The fact is that these existents, which are simplistically observable, are reminder for all who are coolly perseverant, ever thankfully obliged. [42:33]
أَوْ يُوبِقْهُنَّ بِمَا كَسَبُوا۟
وَيَعْفُ عَن كَثِيـرٛ
• Or He could tear them apart-destroy for the reason-result of what they people had earned;
• And He overlooks/forgivingly ignores from many [acts by stopping their negative impact/deferring punishment to take effect] [42:34]
• Therefore, all that which you people have been given from tangible/material things is for reason of sustenance of the worldly life and its attraction,
• And that which is from Allah is far better and more lasting for those who believed;
• And they have consciously adopted the attitude of placing reliance, trust and hope in the Sustainer Lord of them. [42:36]
• And those people who consciously restrict themselves to avoid committing major and grave sins [that cause serious and deep rooted disturbance in society] and the illicit sexual activities.
• And at the point in time when they were seized by anger they forgive that which caused this. [42:37]
وَٱلَّذِينَ ٱسْتَجَابُوا۟ لِرَبِّـهِـمْ
وَأَمْـرُهُـمْ شُورَىٰ بَيْـنَـهُـمْ
وَمِمَّا رَزَقْنَٟهُـمْ يُنفِقُونَ
• And they are the people who have consciously and rationally responded to the message of their Sustainer Lord;
• And steadfastly maintained the Institution of As-sa'laat: Time Bound Protocol of Servitude and allegiance to Allah the Exalted;
• And their affair is organized on the basis of consultation and consensus between them;
• Further, they heartily spend part of the worldly resources for other's welfare which We have given to them as sustenance. [only for seeking approval and attention of Allah the Exalted]. [42:38]
• And the retaliatory punishment/requital for a wrong/bad/damaging act is proportionate/similar one to the wrong/bad done;
• Thereat in response the one who overlooked pardoning and reconciled correcting the matters, thereupon his reward is due upon Allah the Exalted;
• And remain cognizant that Allah the Exalted does not approve for nearness the evil-mongers, oppressors, those who distort - transgress the prescribed code. [42:40]
• And certainly the one who retaliated in self defense consequent upon the wrong done to him, thereat such are the people upon whom there is no indictment. [42:41]
• Indeed the indictment is upon those who do injustice and oppress the people
• And they indulge in excesses in the Earth void of justification and rightful cause.
• They are the people — a severe punishment is prepared - in wait for them [on Day of Judgment]. [42:42]
وَلَمَن صَبَـرَ وَغَفَرَ
إِنَّ ذَٟلِكَ لَمِنْ عَزْمِ ٱلۡأُمُورِ
• And certainly the one who remained steadfast coolly perseverant and he forgave; (unlimited reward is due and in wait for him-39:10)
• This course is indeed a subject of strong willpower. [42:43]
• And Whomever Allah causes to be exposed/lets him remain in neglectfully straying/wandering/ indifferent,
• Thereat/for this reason there is none rightfully guiding guardian/patron for him after Him the Exalted.
• And you will see when the wrong doers/evil mongers would have seen the imminent infliction they will say—
• "Is there any turn away/way out from indictment?" [42:44]
• And you will see them depressed in humiliation on they being exposed to it/Hell Prison, they will be watching with stealthy glances;
• And those who had accepted/believed said,
• "Certainly the losers are those people who have made their selves and their household to suffer loss [for momentary worldly gains/pleasures] on the Day of Judgment" [Read with 7:09;23:103]
• Unquestionably it is a fact that the wrong does/distorters/unjust people are in the perpetuating/ enduring infliction. [42:45]
• And there is none from protectors, other than Allah the Exalted, who could help them
• And Whomever Allah causes to be exposed/lets him remain in neglectfully straying/wandering/ indifferent,
• Then for this reason, for him is no way out [to get out of his circular wandering]. [42:46]
• You people consciously respond affirmatively for the Sustainer Lord of you people;
• Before that the Day may arrive when there is no possibility of its reverting by Allah.
• That Day for you people there shall be no place to flee,
• And nor for you people shall be any chance/excuse for denial. [42:47]
• In response [to the Aa'ya'at of Qur'aan] if they purposely refrained from those— [it is their choice/freedom granted/discretion, why should you worry, let them go]
• Since We have not sent you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] for acting as guard upon them. [Allah is watching them-42:06. Messenger pronounced it in 6:104;11:57,86]
• The only responsibility upon you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] is to deliver/convey/pass on the message [to their ears and hands, orally and in writing; and your responsibility is not to keep always watching them]
• And indeed We, when We make him taste mercy/affluence and pleasantness as grace of our Majesty, he rejoices it boisterously,
• And when infliction/adversity reaches them for reason/as result of what they had sent forward/done—[at that point in time they are despaired]
• It is true that the man [most of them] is ungratefully disobedient. [42:48]
• The Dominion of the Skies and the Earth in absolute terms is exclusively for Allah the Exalted.
• He the Exalted creates from nothingness that which He desires-wills.
• He the Exalted grants females to the one for whom He the Exalted so decides. And grants males to the one for whom He the Exalted so decides. [42:49]
• Or He the Exalted causes the grant as by grouping the progeny, males and females.
• And He the Exalted declares someone about whom so desires to remain barren-without progeny.
• Indeed He is eternally the Knowledgeable, the absolutely Dominant in setting equations and measures. [42:50]
وَمَا كَانَ لِبَشَـرٛ
أَن يُكَلِّمَهُ ٱللَّهُ
أَوْ مِن وَرَآءِ حِجَابٛ
أَوْ يُرْسِلَ رَسُولٙا
فَيُوحِىَ بِإِذْنِهِۦ مَا يَشَآءُۚ
إِنَّهُۥ عَلِىٌّ حَكِيـمٚ
• Take note; It has never been the practice of Allah the Exalted for any human being:
• That Allah the Exalted might communicate with him in a humanly understandable language;
• The exception to the negation of lingual communicaton with a human being is firstly in the manner of a written revelation: giving him a book;
• Or He the Exalted might communicate speaking to him from behind a barrier;
• Or He the exalted might send a messenger, angel or a man, to a person;
• Whereby he the messenger might communicate-inform, with the permission of Him the Exalted, a person about that which He the Exalted intends to be communicated: His Verbal Message-Parlance-Book.
• Indeed He is the Exalted Supreme; eternally The Knower of visible and invisible domains and the Infinitely Just Supreme Administrator of the created realms. [42:51]
• Let it be on record that in the same manner: through Angel Messenger and directly when you visited Us beyond the Skies, Our Majesty has communicated to you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] the Life Breathing and Sustaining Guarantor: Vital Principle: Grand Qur'aan, a promised affair of Ours-divine guidance being exclusively Our task.
• However, in your past life you were not in habit of pursuing-wishing the Book and nor for acknowledging it.
• But We have declared it: Grand Qur'aan as the Visible Light-the Sustainer of Life.
• We guide with this Grand Qur'aan anyone from Our subjects for whom We so intend-decide;
• And beyond an iota of doubt you the Messenger [Sal'lallaa'hoalaih'wa'salam] are certainly guiding them towards High Road that leads safely and stably to the destination of peace and tranquility; [42:52]
• This is the High Road of Allah the Exalted; the One and Only—
• Whatever exists in the Skies and whatever exists in the Earth are subservient-dependant-subjects for Him the Exalted.
• Unquestionably the matters for finalization/disposal/decision are returned towards Allah . [42:53]